Launching the UK’s first virtual psychology clinic
My Online Therapy, a start-up offering therapy sessions via in-app video-chat, live chat and daily messaging, is unique in the category, aiming to make therapy as accessible as possible by offering flexible appointment times with psychologists matched to clients’ needs and lifestyles. They were looking for a multi-disciplinary agency to partner with and help launch them into the market. Collaborating with other agencies within the MISSION group, we won the pitch in February 2020 as lead creative agency.
Big Positive Impacts
Modern therapy for modern lives
First developing the brand platform “modern therapy for modern lives” and visual identity, we then intended to go to market with an integrated media approach. Our core audience was busy women who are busy professionals and/or mums – insight showed that this audience were most likely to have difficulties with mental wellbeing, and most open to therapy, but conversely least likely to actually seek help as they consistently put their own wellbeing last after children, pets, parents and partners. However, when the global pandemic and lock-down hit, we adapted our approach in reaction to the escalating changes that the nation was experiencing. Our potential audience ballooned, with more people facing challenging times and seeking support than ever before.We chose to deliver a phased launch:
- Initially launching the brand platform in digital media across social, search, and Apple and Google install ads
- Then an integrated campaign, “My real face”, launched across TV, online video and paid social. The creative idea behind this was routed in the truth that people put on a brave face, a mask, which hides their real worries and anxieties within. We wanted to show how My Online Therapy can support people and make their real face, their feel-good face . TheTVC 30” was a hit – so much so, it was cited as one of the TV Ads of the Month by ITV. It also drove a massive upsurge in brand search.
- Across Facebook and Instagram, we developed a strategic framework and styling principles, going on to deliver monthly content to drive awareness, engagement, reach and traffic. The objective is to serve our audience with the right support, at the right time, in the right place. With our community-buidling #LittleLift, we want to consistently serve our audience uplifting content that relates to, and helps with, the mental wellbeing challenges they are facing, and leave them feeling good.
- Working with brand ambassador Professor Green, we are building a suite of social content to elevate the brand and engage his large social following in a meaningful way.
Our brand positioning and integrated communications to date have really resonated with our audience. Garnering some impressive results.
- Social audience grown by 31%
- Average social engagement up by >400%
- 88% traffic increase from social content
- Category leader in App Power Rating
- Secured additional rounds of Series A investment funding
- The campaign has also generated interest from potential B2B partners, with the Superdrug and Vitality partnerships already launched in 2020
- My Online Therapy was also listed in the top 100 start-ups for 2020